- Unless instructed otherwise, patients should not eat after midnight the day before their surgery. You may continue to drink clear fluids until four hours prior to surgery time. After that, medications can be taken as instructed with sips of water.
- Patients must have a responsible adult take them home when discharged from hospital.
- When arriving for surgery, please bring comfortable clothes to wear home, cotton socks to wear in surgery, your health card, an interpreter if required, pen and paper, and dentures, glasses, contact lenses, and hearing aids if necessary.
- Please do not wear any jewelry, fragrances or cosmetics, including body piercings, perfumes, body lotions / creams, makeup or nail polish.
- Leave all valuables including large amounts of money, credit cards and jewlery at home. The hospital is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Please report to the Surgery reception desk on the 8th floor when you arrive for surgery. You must arrive in Surgical Daycare 2 hours prior to your surgery time unless instructed otherwise.
If you have any questions or concers, please contact a preadmission nurse at 416-323-6400 ext 4594 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday to Friday.
After 2 p.m. a nurse can be reached at 416-323-6104.
This information and more may be downloaded as a printable pamphlet: Ambulatory Surgery Brochure (PDF)
Jump to top page