The Association began as the Cradle Club, a century ago, in 1915. In addition to rocking new babies, the early members of the Cradle Club helped the hospital by knitting, sewing and raising funds for equipment.
As the role of women in society has changed over the past 100 years, so has the role of the Association of Volunteers. This dedicated group of people supports the hospital financially, as well as through volunteer service. The Association raises funds through
These activities support vital programs within the hospital, including the:
The Association is represented on the hospital's board of directors. Association members enjoy the fellowship of meetings and social events and are always encouraged to become more actively involved.
Women's College Hospital (WCH) recognizes the remarkable contributions of the Association of Volunteers over the past 100 years. As a valuable asset to the hospital, volunteers not only dedicate their time and energy but also provide compassionate care and build relationships with not only hospital staff but with those who matter most – patients.