By Jaimie Roebuck
On Tuesday, October 18 from 12pm-1pm (EST), The Canadian Mental Health Association Ontario’s BounceBack program, with speakers from The Peter Gilgan Centre for Women’s Cancers at Women’s College Hospital, the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer and the Canadian Cancer Society, are hosting a free webinar to discuss cancer survivorship, common patient challenges and how care providers can address the physical, psychosocial and mental health needs of their patients during follow-up care.
This webinar, Helping your patients manage depression, anxiety and fear of recurrence after cancer treatment: Resources for health care providers, will also highlight findings from a recently published study by Women’s College Hospital on depression, anxiety and fear of cancer recurrence among cancer survivors.
This webinar will be particularly useful for primary and community care providers who support individuals, along with their families and caregivers, as they adjust to life after cancer treatment.
The presenters include:
- Dr. Carol Townsley, Medical Director, After Cancer Treatment Transition Clinic (ACTT), Women’s College Hospital
- Dr. Alexandra Ginty, Family Physician, Dorval Medical Family Health Team; Canadian Partnership Against Cancer
- Joanne Stewart, Director, Strategic Development, Canadian Cancer Society
- Dr. Helen Chagigiorgis, Clinical Director of Training and Operations, Ontario Structured Psychotherapy, Registered Clinical & Forensic Psychologist
- Anna Piszczkiewicz, Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Specialist, BounceBack
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER: https://cmhaontario.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_7d7WzVYyRNe19srlhWRi7w