The Bay Centre for Birth Control clinic offers comprehensive sexual and reproductive health care for women in Ontario. Our confidential services include physical examination, counselling, information and referrals.
Our clinic also houses the Special Treatment Clinic.
Contraceptive Health Care:
The Bay Centre provides information, counselling and assessment for all methods of birth control, including:
- birth control pills
- barrier methods (diaphragm)
- birth control patch
- intrauterine devices (IUD's)
- injectibles (Depo provera)
- emergency contraception (the morning after pill, post-coital IUD)
- contraceptive sales (prescription) at a reduced cost
Think you might need emergency contraception? Visit WhatsNextForMe.ca, a website developed by Women's College Hospital to help women choose and access emergency contraception in their area.
Reproductive Health Care:
We offer the following services related to reproductive health care:
- pregnancy testing
- assistance with pregnancy decision-making
- referrals to other health-care providers
We provide information on, and access to, the range of choices available to women. As part of this service, we also provide assessment and pre- and post-abortion counselling.
The Bay Centre is accredited by the National Abortion Federation. Go to www.prochoice.org to learn more about the National Abortion Federation.
Sexual Health Care:
The Bay Centre also offers a host of other sexual health services including:
- Pap tests (check out our Drop-in Pap Program)
- testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- safer sex counselling and information
- counselling and referral on other sexual health issues
- anonymous HIV antibody tests including pre- and post-test counselling
- HIV information and treatment referrals