Under the direction of two urogynecologists, women with concerns regarding uterovaginal prolapse, stress urinary incontinence or overactive bladder will be assessed and offered a variety of treatment options. The assessment may include urodynamic testing or cystoscopy. Conservative treatment options may include:
- counselling on dietary and lifestyle changes
- pelvic floor muscle exercises
- pessaries - (note: the Pessary Clinic has relocated to the office of Dr Danny Lovatsis at Mt. Sinai Hospital)
Women who require surgery as part of their symptom relief will be offered ambulatory techniques at Women’s College Hospital. Surgical options for genital prolapse include laparoscopic sacral colpopexy, vaginal repairs, hysterectomy and laparoscopic uterine suspension. Surgical options for stress urinary incontinence include midurethral slings (TVT and TOT). Major uterovaginal prolapse surgery will be managed by our gynecologists in affiliated in-patient centres.
Referrals must be made by hospital-based physicians, family practitioners or specialists.
To make a referral:
- Download and complete the referral form (.pdf)
- Fax referral: 416-323-6330 - Access Centre
Referrals will be triaged based on the information provided. Please ensure that supporting Diagnostic and Laboratory tests and reports accompany the referral.