We are Women’s offers the WCH community a chance to get to know each other and share our stories.
Name: Sarah McCarthy
Title & Department: Team Lead, Bay Centre
On the WCH team for: 15 years!
1. What does your typical workday look like?
As the Team Lead at the Bay Centre for Birth Control (BCBC), no day is ever the same! My day often involves offering support to our patients by phone or in person, trouble shooting challenging cases, supporting our team of RNs, NPs, MDs, Social Workers and learners and meeting with colleagues from departments across WCH.
2. What excites you the most about working at WCH?
I love the people I work with! Bay Centre has an amazing team and I feel so fortunate to be surrounded and supported by so many wonderful people.
3. How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
Many patients who are coming to the Bay Centre are in a difficult or vulnerable position. We see patients who have a history of trauma and may have a general discomfort with health care providers. Through working with a trauma informed and patient-centred lens, I always try to ensure that patients have a positive experience when seeing our team!
4. Tell us one to three things that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you!
- I love the Toronto Blue Jays and have a cat named Carter after Joe Carter
- I am a big country music fan and was once in a Luke Bryan music video