We are Women’s offers the WCH community a chance to get to know each other and share our stories.
Name: Deryck Dyal
Title & Department: Manager of Operations, Environmental Services (EVS)
On the WCH team for: Since November 2021
1. What does your typical workday look like?
Manage EVS, Switchboard, and Stores. Checking in with supervisors and staff to ensure any concerns and support required. Meeting with other departments as needed and completing assignments.
2. What excites you the most about working at WCH?
I enjoy the close working atmosphere with staff and other departments, and look forward to continuing the established good work and to improve in required areas.
3. How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
I remind staff of the great work they are doing and how it creates a better patient and visitor experience. I always say, we are here for patients and visitors first. I also assist visitors if I see anyone that seems lost.
4. Tell us one to three things that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you!
- I am mostly an introvert and really don’t want to change.
- I went to post secondary school in New York city.