We are Women’s offers the WCH community a chance to get to know each other and share our stories.
Name: Janelle Noel
Title & Department: Service Coordinator, Sexual Assault / Domestic Violence Care Centre & Ontario Network of Sexual Assault / Domestic Violence Treatment
On the WCH team for: 25yrs
1. What does your typical workday look like?
There is no typical day at Women’s. Everyday is filled with new things and new challenges. My role is to support the SA/DVCC program and the Ontario Network of SA/DVTC’s and this can include anything and everything. That’s what I love about my job, the unpredictability of what new thing I will be a part of.
2. What excites you the most about working at WCH?
The most exciting part about working at WCH is all the amazing patient and staff engagement events I get to be a part of. I love education, I love diversity, I love inclusion and I love working within an organization where these are guiding principles in how we provide care.
3. How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
I work in Primary Care, and our clinic is barrier free. We see people in an acute state and creating a positive patient experience is paramount in our service provision model. Creating a positive patient experience is why I do this work.
4. Tell us one to three things that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you!
- I have had dinner at Harrison Ford’s house in New York
- I have been on the Ellen Show and danced with Ellen
- I have travelled to 41 countries in the world