We are Women’s offers the WCH community a chance to get to know each other and share our stories.
Name: Leila Mondejar
Title & Department: Medical Secretary: Peri-Operative Services
On the WCH team for: 10 years
3 years in Dermatology Department and 7 years in Peri-Operative Services
- What does your typical work day look like?
My typical work day starts either at 8 AM or 6:15 AM. I start by checking my email to make sure that I don’t miss any important messages. When patients begin to arrive, I check them in with a warm smile and ensure all the relevant paper work is prepared for the PAC (Pre-Admission Clinic) team.
- What excites you the most about working at WCH?
One of WCH’s core values is “people” – the organization prides itself on being a safe environment where all everyone (patients and staff) are celebrated and respected.
- How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
As a medical secretary in Peri-Operative Services (8th Floor Front Desk), I’m one of the first points of contact our patients have with our hospital. When patients come in to be checked in for their procedures, I always greet them warmly.
- Tell us one (or three) thing(s) that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?
- I’m a dog mom! My dog’s name is Cassie and she’s an eleven year old Schnauzer-Poodle mix.
- I love to cook! And I am my own chef at home.
- I love music! My favourite thing to do on the weekends is jam on the guitar or ukulele with my family.