We are Women’s – 2019 Research + Innovation Report
We are pleased to share with you the 2019 Research + Innovation Report. This year, our report showcases how our teams are working together to find novel solutions that have the power to revolutionize healthcare.
The report shares how our scientists, innovation fellows and staff are making an impact in advancing health research and addressing the most pressing issues facing our patients and health system. It highlights how we are developing new insights and evaluating the latest technology and digital tools to enhance clinical practice, reimagine healthcare delivery and transform how patients access their care – in our province and beyond.
In this year’s report, you will read about:
- How Dr. Mona Loutfy is engaging with Indigenous communities to participate in health research
- Dr. Onil Bhattacharyya and Dr. Sacha Bhatia’s collaboration with the Ontario Telemedicine Network that is using technology to bring primary care into the 21st century
- Research from Dr. Husam Abdel-Qadir that is enhancing our understanding of women’s heart health after chemotherapy
- The wide-ranging mental health impacts of dermatological conditions being investigated by Dr. Vincent Piguet and Dr. Aaron Drucker
- WIHV’s consultation program to help tech start-ups navigate the health system
- Dr. Sheila Dunn’s research to improve contraception access and promote its use among youth
- ADAPT-M, a program for new moms, created by Dr. Lorraine Lipscombe, aimed at preventing diabetes from home
- How Dr. Noah Ivers and Laura Desveaux, PhD are working with family physicians to address Canada’s opioid crisis
- Initiatives led by Robin Mason, PhD that are bridging the sex and gender gap in health research
- Dr. Sacha Bhatia’s partnership with Choosing Wisely Canada to end low-value care
- Innovative research from Dr. Owen Lyons, Dr. Richard Brull and Dr. Mandeep Singh to advance our understanding of how sleep impacts our overall health
- New insights from Dr. Paula Rochon and Rachel Savage, PhD who are exploring the impacts of loneliness on older adults
- Dr. Vanessa Reddit’s leadership in advocating for refugee health alongside the Crossroads Clinic team
We are so proud of the exceptional research and innovation happening at Women’s College Hospital and hope that you enjoy reading about the real-world impact of our discoveries as we pursue our vision for a healthier and more equitable world.