Submit your application for the WCH Best Paper & Mentor Awards
Applications are now open for our annual Best Paper & Mentor Awards! Every year, Women’s College Hospital (WCH) recognizes outstanding published papers and researchers who have made significant mentorship contributions. The 11th Annual Best Paper and Mentor Awards will take place on Wednesday, April 1, 2020, from 12:00 -1:00 pm in the WCH Auditorium.
Apply for the Best Paper Award
Researchers, staff and trainees across WCH who are undertaking research are invited to submit their papers for review and consideration for the Best Paper Award. There are two categories available for submission – researcher and trainee.
- The research must have been conducted while the entrant was based at WCH
- The publication must:
- Present original research results in which you were first or senior author
- Demonstrate impact on clinical practice, healthcare and advancing science
- Have been published between January 1 and December 31, 2019
- Cite WCH, WCRI or WIHV
- Electronic submissions should be sent to Maya Strasser (email@example.com), Research Operations Coordinator, by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 14, 2020
- Please make the email subject line WCH Best Paper Awards, the name of the paper and which category you are applying for (researcher or trainee)
- All submissions should include a PDF copy of the published paper and a brief description (2-3 sentences) outlining the novel or important aspects of the paper.
Apply for the Research Mentor Award
This award will honour clinical researchers or researchers based at WCH who have shown a commitment to the mentorship of young people. Individual and group nominations will both be accepted. The nomination form can be found here (.pdf).
- Encouraging, facilitating and supporting trainees and other mentees in career and leadership development
- Contributing to the success of trainees and other mentees through the sharing of insight, perspective and knowledge based on the mentor’s experience
- Helping the trainees develop a network of relationships that might not normally be available early in their career
- Acting as an effective role model
- Electronic submissions should be sent to Maya Strasser (firstname.lastname@example.org), Research Operations Coordinator, by 5:00pm on Friday, February 14, 2020
- Please make the email subject line Mentor Award Nomination and the name of the nominee.
Additional information about the awards can be found here (.pdf).