Meet Janelle Noel
Name: Janelle Noel
Title & Department: Service Coordinator, Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Care Centre
On the WCH team for: 22 Years
1. What does your typical work day look like?
There is no typical work day at the Sexual Assault/ Domestic Violence Care Centre, it is almost impossible to even predict how a day may go in our clinic. However, a huge part of my day is spent collaborating and communicating with my team for the patients we see or have seen. Not having a typical day is what has me intrigued and keeps me committed to my work because every persons’ story and needs are different.
2. What excites you the most about working at WCH?
What excites me most is the idea that I work for a program that was the first of its kind in Ontario. It is 35 years old and continues to be a Centre of Excellence in the area of sexual assault and domestic violence and we are located in and fully supported by Women’s College Hospital.
3. How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
In my role I have the ability and support from management to go the extra mile for every patient we see. I feel completely supported, and knowing this allows me to effectively execute my role as the service coordinator of the program and address our clients’ needs.
4. Tell us one (or three) thing(s) that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you?
- I have eaten dinner at Harrison Ford’s house.
- I have danced with Ellen on the Ellen Show.
- I was in New York during 911.