Are you a birthing parent with a new baby and finding it hard to cope with how your life has changed?
Do you feel isolated and alone? Are you struggling with feelings of sadness? Do you find it hard to control your worries? Are you struggling with how having a baby has changed your self-identity, your sexuality or your relationships?
Consider joining MOTHER MATTERS our online support group for birthing parents with mood/adjustment challenges following the birth of their baby.
MOTHER MATTERS is an 8-week online support group run by the Mental Health Program at Women’s College Hospital. It will take place on a confidential discussion board, giving you the opportunity to share your thoughts, feelings, and experiences, while learning from and supporting other birthing parent. Each week a new topic will be explored, relating to issues that commonly emerge during the first year of life with a new baby.
Please note Mother Matters does not offer a live (video or in person) component. The discussion group takes place on a closed, private web based platform.
To be eligible for the Mother Matters online support group you must:
- Be a birthing parent to at least one infant who is younger than 1 year
- Have access to a computer and proficiency navigating the web
- Register with Mother Matters and Women’s College Hospital
- Be a resident of Ontario
- Read and agree with our informed consent
- Complete a few short questionnaires online and meet the criteria as assessed by our screening measures
Registration is now open
For questions that cannot be answered by the information provided on this page email firstname.lastname@example.org.