Women’s College Hospital (WCH) is committed to engaging with patients and communities in all that we do, from designing new programs to delivering services that support a healthier and more equitable world.
Our Experience Advisor Program works with patients, families, caregivers and the community to learn more about their experiences at WCH and the healthcare system so we can make healthcare experiences better for everyone.
Experience Advisors are patients, families, caregivers and community members interested in sharing their experiences and providing input into various initiatives, programs and services at WCH.
Experience Advisors participate in ways that best match their interests, experiences and availability. Opportunities include:
- Participating on hospital committees, project teams and hiring panels
- Sharing your story at meetings and events
- Reviewing education and communication materials for patients and the public
- Providing input on hospital policies
We invite you to become involved to help us provide care and services that are more responsive to needs of the diverse communities we serve. By participating in the program you will:
- Share the patient perspective to generate ideas to improve experiences for all
- Build understanding about patient, family and caregiver experiences
- Contribute to organizational change and innovation
- Learn about the experiences of others
- Have an opportunity to join the Community Liaison Advisory Committee (CLAC)
There are many ways in which our Experience Advisors contribute at WCH, one of which is through CLAC. CLAC serves as an advisory body to the hospital and its Board of Directors on community identified needs and gaps, as well as ensuring that programs meet the needs of diverse communities. CLAC members have shaped several initiatives ranging from virtual care to reviewing patient materials.
Members also provide input in areas related to, but not limited to, strategic planning as it relates to patient experience, patient experience measurement, program development, quality improvement and space planning.