We are Women’s offers the WCH community a chance to get to know each other and share our stories.
Name: Anita Duraikannan
Title & Department: Digital Producer. Strategic Communications
On the WCH team for: 5 years
1. What does your typical workday look like?
Each day I help teams across the hospital ensure that their content is up to date on all our websites. I also assist in launching larger web projects, helping to train staff and support strategic communications.
2. What excites you the most about working at WCH?
WCH is a very progressive hospital with a progressive mandate. Even though I don’t directly interface with patients, I love learning about the work our staff and researchers are doing. I learn so much about the healthcare world and get to meet and work with some truly amazing people.
3. How does your work contribute to creating a positive patient experience?
We live in absolute information overload and when it comes to healthcare concerns, it’s even more dangerous. Making sure the information patients need is correct and easy to find can help make the overall experience better. People don’t remember when web experiences go smoothly – that’s how they are supposed to be, but people will be frustrated by poor experiences. I hope that we can continue to streamline our web experience to make it easy and useful!
4. Tell us one to three things that your colleagues would be surprised to learn about you!
- I love crafting – I made holiday sweaters for my colleague and I, you may have seen us wearing them at the holiday party 🙂
- A tweet of mine made it to the TTC. I’m famous!
- I think everyone knows this one already – but I’m obsessed with my dog Pishu. She’s a Samoyed who was rescued in China. People are mesmerized by her and we haven’t gone a single day without at least one compliment!